Previous Lesson: Getting Started
You need to set up Nominal Accounts.
Linking Nominal Accounts in QuickBooks Online with Accounts in Commusoft tells the software where to put the data. Without this stage, attempting to send data from Commusoft to QuickBooks Online will fail, because it does not know where to send it.
Go to 'Purchasing' in the top right corner of your screen. Then click on Setup Account.
You will be shown a list of the default nominal accounts that Commusoft provide you. By default Commusoft will provide you with an Accounts Receivable (Sales) account and a Bank account. You can add additional Sales, Bank and Expense accounts by clicking on the + icon:
Linking Bank Accounts
Firstly we need to link our Commusoft Bank Accounts with our QuickBooks Online Bank Accounts.
You need the Account ID, so that you can then add this to the corresponding account within Commusoft.
To open the desired bank account in QuickBooks Online:
- Go to Settings > Chart of Accounts
- The Account ID is simply the name, in this case our bank account ID is Checking. Copy this exactly for use within Commusoft.
- With this code, go to your Commusoft Setup Accounts page.
- Next to the Bank Account you wish to (in this case Checking) click Edit:
- Here you can edit certain information, we will be typing the Account ID into the field Third Party Accounting Code
- Click Save
Linking Sales Accounts
We need to link our Commusoft Sales Accounts with our QuickBooks Online Sales Accounts.
You need the Sales Account ID, so that you can then add this to the corresponding account within Commusoft.
- To do this go through exactly the same process as with bank Accounts.
- This time the Sales Account will be under Accounts Receivable (A/R) in the Type column.
- Once again the ID is the name.
- Copy this exactly. In this Case it is Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- In Commusoft, find the Sales/Accounts Receivable Account you wish to link with your Quickbooks Online Account, in this case we are linking our Commusoft account named Sales, and click edit.
- As with the Bank Account, type in Accurately the name of the account in QuickBooks Online into the field marked third party accounting code and click Save
Linking Expense Accounts
We need to link our CommuSoft Expense Accounts with our QuickBooks Online Expense Accounts.
You need the Account ID, so that you can then add this to the corresponding account within CommuSoft.
- To do this go through exactly the same process as with Bank and Sales Accounts.
- Find the Expense Account in the Chart of Accounts, it will have written in the Expense in the Type column
- Once again the ID is the name. Copy this exactly.
- With this ID copied exactly, go back to Setup Account in Commusoft and find the expense account you wish to link with QuickBooks Online.
- Click Edit
- Type or paste the ID exactly into the field marked Third party accounting code and click Save
- Repeat this for all Accounts