Read and complete the steps below.
Click the links to open the article in a new tab. Follow and complete the instructions and return to this page to go to the next step.
4. Commusoft requires access to a Sage user account to transfer over data. Please note the username and password
- Sage Line 50
- If you have the ability to create a new user account, set the username to cs and password to cs123
- If you are using an existing user account, ensure you know user name and password. Note: You are able to continue to use this account for Sage but be aware Commusoft will not be able to transfer data while this account is logged into by the user. Commusoft will queue the data until the user account becomes available for Commusoft to log into.
- Sage Instant
- If you have the ability to create a new user account, set the user name to cs and password to cs123
- If you are using an existing user account, you must use the Manager user account and password. If no password is set for this account, you must set a password. Note: You are able to continue to use this account for Sage but be aware Commusoft will not be able to transfer data while this account is logged into by the user. Commusoft will queue the data until the user account becomes available for Commusoft to log into.
5. Commusoft requires the following
- VAT codes for 20%, 5% and 0% Please note your VAT codes
- VAT method, Invoice (standard) or Cash Please note your VAT method
- Sage Database file path. Within Sage go to Help > About > Program Details section > Data Directory Please note the full file path
6. Integrate to Sage Line 50/Sage Instant
- Integration must be completed on the PC/Server which runs the Sage Database and must have an instance of Sage installed
- You are required to have Administrator privileges to install the Sage interface
- If this PC/Server has anti-virus installed, you must ensure exclusions are put in place for the SageInterface folder and SageInterface.exe application
- Sage must be closed before starting the integration
Within Commusoft > Click on ‘Your Business’ > ‘Company Details’ > ‘Integrations’ Tab > ‘I want to integrate Commusoft with an accounting package’ > Select ‘Sage Line 50\Instant’
Enter ‘sage username’, ‘sage password’ and sage file path ‘database location’. Commusoft will provide default entries for username and password, please change as required.
Enter the Sage VAT codes for 20%, 5% and 0%. Commusoft will provide default entries for standard VAT codes, please change as required. > Select the 'VAT method' > Click 'Continue'
Review the details you have entered > Select ‘Edit’ to change the details or ‘Continue’ to confirm the details you have entered
Click ‘Sage Interface Download’
A web page will open allowing you to download the Sage Interface for Commusoft > Click ‘Download’
Locate the downloaded application on your PC/Server > Right click on the file and ‘Run as Administrator’ to install > The install window will show and disappear once completed
Return to Commusoft once installed > Click ‘Continue’
Carefully read > Select the date you want Commusoft to start sending data within Commusoft to Sage
Review the date you have entered > Select ‘Edit’ to change the date or ‘Continue’ to confirm the date you have entered
Enter and check the Sales and Bank nominal codes > Click ‘Save and Continue’. Commusoft will provide default entries for nominal codes already entered in step 2
Commusoft will now check the validation of the integration
If the validation failed > Click ‘Sage Interface Download’ > Complete the install of the application as instructed in previous steps > Click ‘Validate’
When the validation is verified, you may have a display which states it is preparing your data if you had data within Commusoft already. This process can take some time depending on the amount of data
After successful validation and preparation of data is completed, you will see the integration dashboard
Enter an email address > Click ‘Subscribe’
Click ‘Click here for Advanced Settings’ > Change Send Data Preferences by clicking button next to the option you want to select > Click ‘Update Settings’ > Click ‘back’ to integration dashboard
Send data every two hours, will attempt to send date to Sage every two hours in the background
Send data when clicking on button, will not send any data unless you click the button ‘Send records to Sage now’
Integration has now been completed.
‘Send records to Sage now’ Click this when you want records to be sent to Sage
Click any button to view the exact records within each area and status/details
‘Not Sent to Sage’ These are records which are within Commusoft waiting/pending to be processed
‘in queue to go to Sage’ These are records which are being processed by the interface ready to be sent across
Once in the queue the records can only go to one of two areas:
‘Failed to send to Sage’ These are records which have failed to send and require your attention
‘Successfully sent to Sage’ These are records have been sent across