The import tool requires your data to be saved as a CSV file. CSV stands for 'Comma Separated Value' it is a standard means of exchanging data.
If your data is stored on an excel spreadsheet, or is in another system that can export to excel, you need to save the file as a CSV file by simply clicking on 'File', click on 'Save As' and save it with a different name and select 'save as type' CSV (Comma delimited). Then you can use this CSV file in our custom upload tool.
The excel spreadsheet need the following columns as listed in the table below.
|Description||Brief description of the part||Letter and number (eg TRV)|
|Product code||Code associated with the part (if not available use N/A or 0)||Letter and number (eg ABC123 or 0 or N/A)|
|Serial number||Serial number of part (if not available use N/A or 0)||Letter and number (eg 123456 or 0 or N/A)|
|Cost excl VAT||Cost of the part to you excluding VAT||Number only (eg 10)|
|Minimum markup percentage||What percentage of the cost price do you add on to get the minimum sales price||Number only (eg 20)|
|VAT rate||20%, 5%, or 0%||Number only (eg 20)|
|Sales price excl VAT||Selling price excluding VAT (must be greater than cost price plus minimum markup)||Number only (eg 15)|
- All fields must have data, they can not be left blank
- No special characters can be used i.e £ % & @ #
- You will have to edit your data and remove any commas, single quotes and double quotes using find and replace with a blank. This will ensure correct alignment of your information and ensure your data conforms to Commusoft standard. If you do not do this there is a risk your data will not get converted properly or you end up with missing data
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported. Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
Importing your data
Go to 'General' > 'Preferences' > 'Jobs/Invoices module' > 'Parts and Prices' > Click Actions' > Select 'CSV Upload Click 'Choose File' > Click on the file you want to upload > click 'Open' > Select whether your file contains a header > click 'Upload'
Click 'edit' on the columns you want to match with fields in Commusoft > Label the columns using the drop downs > Once all the columns are assigned click 'save' > your parts import will start